Friday, September 4, 2009

Patsy's 65th Birthday

I had a wonderful 65th birthday! During the day a friend (Carolyn) I used to work with dropped in, we visited for a couple of hours, Myrna, my friend since we were 9 years old called, we yakked on the phone for over an hour, she has always been my soul mate. Woody was gone all day working on an ongoing reno for a friend. When he returned home he said he was so sorry he had not had time to get a card or anything, and then he totally surprised me with a delivery of a dozen red and white roses and card delivered to our home and then a gathering of about 20 friends and family! I was totally surprised as we had discussed my birthday previously, I had said a get to together with Tracy, Michelle and families on Monday would be just great, not to worry about anything on Friday!





The gorgeous bouquet from my beloved husband!














Friends, Stan and Deb, with guess who in the middle eh!




Friends, Harvey, Karen, and Linda








I am so blessed to have received many cards, which I have displayed in our home, lotto tickets (didn't win any money but had fun dreaming), wine (saving for another special day) and these beautiful flowers from friends.






A group in the campground were having a sing song in the shelter next door and a couple graciously came over and sung Happy Birthday to me. Standing to the left is friend Carolyn!



Allen, our old friend and former neighbor, Janice and Dale.

Granddaughter Caitlin, Brooklyn, sitting on Tracy's knee and Michelle.






Dale is the friend Woody is doing the Reno for. He is a great guy!





This was so much fun!




Ron, Frank, Pat and Jill!





Christine, her Mom Karen and our grandson Christopher!





Son-in-law Keith, Tracy, daughter Brooklyn, and me ole Grandma!





Back of Frank's head, Jose, husband Norm, Myrna and husband Ron. Jose, Norm, Myrna, Ron and Frank are members of Onoway Fish and Game Assoc. Norm and Jose manage Imrie Park along with help from other members.




Granddaughter Lindsey in the foreground,







Dave, Norm, Jose, Myrna and just caught Ron on the right.










Jill with her back to us, Dave, and Jill;s husband Scott. Scott is one of Woody's hunting buddies and I totally enjoy both he and Jill, great people. Scott is part owner of the Wild TV channel, the only Canadian hunting channel.
It had rained all day, was very cool but the sun blessed us during the evening so we were able to enjoy the outdoors for awhile then retreated to the kitchen where we had a warm fire in the woodstove! The evening went by so fast and thanks to all our friends and family I shall remember this day forever, I do belieive it was one of my best birthday's ever!
Thanks to my husband for organizing it, and our friends and family for helping us celebrate!

No comments: