Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Quiet Day at Imrie Park

Wow the time is passing so fast, cannot believe it. It is a gorgeous day today, warm (68F 19C), sunny with a little breeze. Woody is at the gun range, mowing some grass and hanging up some new signage (his volunteer job). I am taking advantage of the time updating my blog, although I am debating with myself, maybe I should be outside enjoying the sunshine, suppose to cool off again tomorrow!

The park is empty, I have caught up on my paper work for us and the park and I feel that I am finally settling into life here. I really did not think it would be such an adjustment to come back home and settle in. Don’t get me wrong, I love being in the park and being close to family and friends, but little things like the cool weather, mosquitoes and the cost of laundry, groceries, etc., take some getting used too. It is funny when you live in the same province all of your life and just travel for a few weeks at a time it is no big deal but when you live somewhere else for 7 months and return it is really interesting how quickly one forgets the everyday little things in life. My reaction to the mosquito’s was “oh yeah forgot what a pain these beastly biting bugs can be”! That is not a big thing in the big picture of life it just amazed me that I was so totally surprised by seeing them, even though that while reorganizing some cupboards I had pulled out the bug spray and set it where it would be handy to grab when needed a couple of weeks ago. Ah well I shall go outside and enjoy the sunshine for awhile.
While outside I captured some pictures of our little dogs, the first pictures since Cookie (10 months old) got a major haircut and the first pictures of our new Lhasa Apso, Muffin who will 4 months old on June 8th.



Hard to see Muffin's face with her colouring, but she is cute. Our daughter Michelle commented on her colouring which is shades of brown, that women pay hundreds of dollars to dye their hair the shades of Muffin's natural coat. I hope to get better pictures that will show her beautiful brindle colouring.





Cookie and Muffin are becoming pals which is what we wanted to happen before Oreo goes to live with Caitlin.







Whatever one dog finds the other one wants, just like kids.

I think Muffin will be the leader, she is already stealing things from Cookie and as you can see wants to be first!
Basically Oreo, Cookie and Muffin get along very well and both little dogs try and keep up to Oreo!
Woody came home from the Gun Range, had a short break, some V8 juice and then headed to Timber Mart to .pick up lumber to rebuild the stairs at the Watchable Wild Life Shelter at the edge of Devil's Lake. The stairs are rotting away, not real safe anymore. The shelter is very nice really with benches and very large, one can watch ducks, etc. anytime of the day and see Deer and Moose if there early morning or late evening. He will also pick up some lumber to build us a small deck by the front door of our fifth wheel which will be easier to keep clean than our carpet. Onoway Fish and Game are treating us so well!
Now I am going to head outside and enjoy the sunshine with the dogs!

No comments: