Sunday, July 4, 2010

A wonderful day!

Cloudy with showers today, Woody worked on the knife sheath he was making for Dave and completed it just in time to give it to Dave before they headed home, it turned out very nice, Dave was so pleased, he insisted on paying Woody for the sheath and the work Woody had done on the knife, a knife that Dave had made years ago. Woody went to town and I spent time collecting fees from campers one camper brought over a huge portion of cake for us as they were leaving, I tried to say no but she would have no part of no, so I humbly accepted the gift set it on cupboard wondering what we were going to do with so much cake! Sure a good thing we have some freezer space in the parks kitchen fridges, because we sure could not eat it before it went bad, I phoned the kids and let them know we had cake to share but they were not home, decided we would save it our family gathering in a couple of weeks. I spent most of the morning choosing pictures to use on the blog and resizing for uploading to Blogger, I always have to resize as Woody and I both take pictures at the highest resolution possible and they are too large to use for email or on our Blog. Before Woody returned from town 2 nieces arrived for a surprise visit, I have not seen either for a very long time, in fact it has been so long I did not recognize Sandra when I opened the door, although the face was somewhat familiar I thought it was someone wanting information about the park which happens often. The young lady standing before me said “Oh we are so happy you are home!” and I stood there thinking I should know this person’s name she obviously knows who I am, she then said it’s Sandra, Carolyn (her sister) and I come for a visit and she hoped I didn’t mind that they came unannounced but they didn’t have our phone number. I was flabbergasted to see them and so very happy they had taken the time to track us down and come over for a visit! What a wonderful surprise, we visited awhile before Woody came home, and continued for the whole afternoon, time flew by so fast, Sandra and Carolyn came laden with goodies, homemade muffins, chips and dip which they left here for us, I tried sending some cake home with them, Carolyn said no thank you, I just threw some cake out and I couldn’t interest Sandra either! After they left as I wrapping up the cake for the freezer I thought was a terrible hostess I had been, we did share some beverages but I did not put out the muffins on a plate or open the chips, the goodies they brought were on the table where the girls had put when they arrived, I guess I was excited about visiting with them nothing else mattered, sorry girls I was so rude, next time I promise I will be a better hostess. Good thing Woody thought of beverages and taking some pictures as this visit was certainly an occasion to be remembered! Thanks sweetie for taking the pictures and thanks girls for your visit!




Carolyn.














and sister Sandra.








Thanks again girls for looking us up, come again soon eh!

No comments: