Thursday, April 12, 2012

Pillow tops

As I mentioned in the April 2nd post I was excited to try out the new sew on transfers.  Well I certainly had some challenges creating the pillow tops.  I had grand ideas but they did always work and I am still learning what I can do with the pictures once I get them printed and ready to sew on the project.  I choose the pictures then sized them to what I thought would be good sizes for each project, not giving too much thought to the pattern I wanted to use, I then designed the pillow top around the picture.  I had fabric that I wanted to use but designing the pattern is always a challenge for me, again I ask for help from Woody, a second opinion always helps and besides he has a good ideas when it comes to design. 
Anyway here are the first three I made.  The tops are not finished, I need to buy the pillow forms before I add a border so I can size the border to fit the pillow forms

This is my first attempt.


Second attempt, the picture is not square and I am still debating about redoing.
Number 3, getting a little better.


 I had fun creating these and one day I will get the pillow inserts and finish them! I choose the pictures for their action and look of pure pure fun!

No comments: