Saturday, July 14, 2012

Lions, Tigers and Bears, Oh MY!

Still smoky today, wind switched so later in the day the smoke thinned out somewhat, certainly better than yesterday.  Weather man says rain tomorrow but unfortunately not up north but the rain will clean the air here.  Woody sighted our bear twice today; the bear is coming very close to the campground and not running off when we spot him which is different than in the 3 previous years.  First sighting was by the compost pile, Woody was dumping some tree limbs and other compostable material, he shut off the tractor, dismounted and was just at the edge of the trees when he spotted the bear, he quickly got back on the tractor, started it up and the bear ran off, the compost pile is just inside the tree line.  Later walking the dogs on the trail he saw the bear standing up and looking at them, he had stopped walking to allow the dogs to sniff around as they love to do, he quickly returned to the our fifth wheel and told me not walk the dogs on the trails anymore.  The trail he was walking was the trail I always walk the dogs on, and I stop and sit on the bench, sometimes taking our Native Flute with me and allowing the dogs to run free while I play the flute so it is a sad that I cannot walk that path anymore.  Walking the dogs in the campground is kinda boring for me although I am not sure the dogs care.  Woody informed all the folk in the park so they were aware the bear is coming close to the campground.  We do not want any bear incidents that is for sure!

No comments: