Sunday, December 12, 2010

Enjoying our winter

As I type this, my beloved husband is working on a leather project (I am hearing some frustration on his part, muttering and such) but I know he will figure out a way to solve the issues he is encountering, he always does. He has completed and sold a few belt buckles and a cell phone case since we arrived, he is now working on creating a matching set consisting of a belt buckle, belt, knife, knife sheath and gun sling.
I have been keeping busy, creating cards, doing water exercise with some ladies at the park, decorating our little home for Christmas, cleaning out our files, keeping up our daily expense record (blah) and other mundane chores LOL. We both are enjoying our winter of relaxation, visiting, attending park functions and just doing whatever we feel like when the mood hits us. One thing I have not done at all is work on our blog, just cannot seem to get my mind into, not sure why, I know I will be kicking myself later if I don’t get myself in gear. I have checked the blog often for bits and pieces of information, dates etc., from our previous trips. Our idea when I began the blog was to keep our family and friends updated on our activities and for us to enjoy when we are unable to continue living this lifestyle and settle down in a Seniors Apartment.


The puppies are healthy and mischievous at times, the other day while we were shopping they got into the candy dish that was on the table, there were several candy wrappers on the floor and small bits of candy stuck in their face fur, so last night when we went to the Landmark CafĂ©, we placed the candy dish on the counter, when we returned they had snagged the beautiful hand embroidered, with tatted edging (hand done by my Great Grandmother) off the table and chewed up the tatting, totally wrecking it, this is the worst thing they have ever done! We had pushed the chairs under the table and thought this would keep them from snagging anything on the table, WRONG! We will tip the chairs over the table after this as we don’t want them snagging our little Christmas tree that sits on the table, decorated with new and some very old decorations that were my Dad’s. Oh yeah and then to add insult to injury they upchucked the lace tatting, the little devils! They do have toys to play with but guess that was too boring!

Muffin above and Cookie below,
can't you just see how sorry they are! LOL

No comments: