Thursday, December 30, 2010

Two more sleeps until 2011

The day started out sunny but soon turned to cloud and rain around 9:00 am with temps dropping during the day which was predicted, we even had a snow shower this afternoon, big flakes and did not last long, winds pretty much same as yesterday.

Besides doing the normal daily chores, we decided it was a day to stay indoors, I spent most of the day learning to use some of the features offered on Pinnacle Movie Studio Plus that I have not used with video clips, some are pretty cool and others allow creating a more interesting video and I must say I have only scratched the surface of features that are available on the version I have.

Woody was not happy with the leather project he was working on yesterday (a gun sling) so after giving some thought to how he could create the pattern along with the braiding he wants to incorporate on the gun sling he spent some time working on other projects and started a new gun sling this afternoon. As I type this he just wrapped it up and put it in the fridge (to keep the leather moist) and told me he is not satisfied with this one either, not good enough to sell, I feel his disappointment and I feel bad for him, I know what that feels like, work so hard on a project and then it just doesn’t work out the way you think it should be. On the positive side he received an order for a knife and sheath from his website, the first order generated from the website, now that is exciting! He now has 3 knives and sheaths to make, should keep him busy for a few weeks eh! The day passed very quickly, the second last day of the year, cannot hardly believe another year has passed! Have a safe and happy New Years Eve day tomorrow!

No comments: