Monday, January 10, 2011

This and That

Went swimming this morning for the first time since Christmas, the water was cool, the pump had quit and John (owner of the park) forgot to cover the pool. The pool is enclosed but there are screens all around the top which allows heat to escape in the summer but of course allows the cool night air in and it did freeze here last night 23.9F (-4C) so we did our exercises and I hit the showers to warm up, some of the girls headed to the hot tub, oh man we are so spoiled, the water was actually warmer than any lake I swam in at home! Upon returning home I grabbed a bit to eat (always need a snack after swimming) and decided I really needed to take down the Christmas decorations. I always have a hard time putting away our Christmas decorations, I so love our little tree with its lights in the evening and it was the same at home, we left our tree up until after Ukrainian Christmas which is one week after our New Year celebration. Our little home seemed a little bare after packing up the Christmas decorations but it was time.
Woody went shopping while I was at the pool and stopped in to visit Cheri at Blue Opal on the way home to let her know what gems he planned on using and tried to pay her, she would not accept any money, she wanted to gift the gems, such a generous lady. While there Albert, who will be reopening the shop as soon as possible asked Woody if he would like to come in and polish stones and then sell them for a commission of course, he told Albert he would have to discuss the offer with me, he is considering the offer. After lunch Woody continued working on a belt buckle he is creating for himself, so far it is going very well and I cannot wait to see the finished product.

No comments: