Monday, August 13, 2012

A little bag


I finally finished a tote bag for daughter Michelle today and I am very pleased with the result.  I offered to make her a bag a few weeks ago after she came over with some extra items in a plastic grocery bag.  I had scraps of material from other projects which I dug out and Michelle picked out the colours she wanted plus we spent time on the internet picking out a pattern for a bag.  We made a trip to town to purchase the material for the lining and the concho for clasp a few days later.  She didn’t want the scraps arranged symmetrical which I thought was cool and turned out to be a challenge for my little brain!  I really thought it would be easier as I would not have to worry about matching seams and making perfect points but found out my mind wanted to work in symmetrical patterns, so I had to force my mind to “think outside the box”.  I really did enjoy the challenge and process of choosing the pieces of fabric, deciding how to put them together and seeing the bag come together piece by piece. 
Michelle is thrilled with the bag and it is just right for her lunch, bottle of water and other items she wants or needs to carry with her.
Dimensions are 17" wide 10 " high shoulder strap 28" and it has an inside pocket

No comments: