Friday, August 24, 2012

Busy weekend


Yesterday before we got the news of Ray’s passing Woody was busy with park tasks and I took advantage of the time he was out to sew up all the blocks I cut yesterday (I can only sew when he is not watching TV as I sit at the table right in his way) and unless he is working on a leather project he is watching TV when he is home.  I then pressed all the blocks and laid them out the way I think I want them.  At first I thought I had made an error as I had too many of one combo and not enough of the other combo, how can that be, I was sure I had counted correctly.  I picked them all up and started over, laying out each side at the same time one block at a time and sure enough I had just the right amount, I had laid the blocks out in a different pattern the first try! Now I will sew them together, cut out the lining and the batting, then quilt the 3 layers together!

The park is full, some folks came in yesterday and the rest today, it is a large group and they have rented the whole campground, Woody had to remind them to keep their dogs leashed while in the park, they are allowed to let them run loose on the trails but not in the camping area.  Some thought they could let their dogs run loose because they rented the whole campground, the problem with letting them run loose is the doggie doo they leave behind, who wants to step in that and most of the group thanked Woody for setting down the rule. 

Cannot quit thinking about Ray and how his family must be feeling, I know they understand that he is in a better place but that does not make it any easier to deal with. 

No comments: