Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Girl Party, Woody playing

Another beautiful warm day! The highlight of this day for me will be attending granddaughter Caitlin’s girl party, I am honoured she invited me; she is nine years old and a real little lady. Woody left for town this morning running errands for us and the park, returned shortly before I had to leave. I arrive for the girl party around 2:00 pm; I could hear giggling as I was walking to the house, what a delightful sound, kids having fun! Caitlin and Michelle greet me at the door, Caitlin introduces me to all her friends, they continue doing their “girl thing”, Michelle and I retreat to the kitchen, Michelle making sure all the preparations are in order for snacks and drinks. Caitlin is a good host, making sure her friends are well cared for, serving snacks and glasses of punch. After playing some games indoors, the girls decide to head outside to walk the trails on Michelle and Chris’s acreage. Michelle and I relax, catching up on news and generally enjoying our quiet visit time! All too soon it is time for me to head home, I then realize I have not taken any pictures, oh well too late the girls are somewhere on the trails, I did not want to interrupt there fun! I returned home around 5:00 pm, a small group we expected today has arrived and settled in.


Woody mowing the group area before heading out on the trails.


Of course Oreo wants to follow but Woody sends her home.

One of the fellows has a mobility scooter and wants to use the trails; Woody went out and double mowed some trails then unlocked a gate so he could access the trails (the trails are gated to prevent ATV use).


We had dinner, spent some time visiting with the campers, and while enjoying a quiet evening outside the gentlemen came over and thanked Woody for the extra effort he had made to accommodate him bringing us an adult beverage, does life get any better than this?. Later we spent time chatting online with our friends and called it a night.

No comments: