Saturday, August 23, 2008

A very good day!

Another beautiful day warm and sunny, not real hot just the perfect weather for us! Andrew, a friend of Woody’s is coming over today; they plan to practice at the rifle range for the afternoon. Woody had a couple of errands to run so he left around 10:00 am, when he returned he was all excited, he gives me piece of paper with a name and phone on it and says “call this lady, she has the cutest puppies, they are just what you are looking for”! I say to him “well maybe”; still waffling on whether I really want to commit to having a puppy, even though I was that had mentioned a couple or so weeks ago that I was thinking a small lap dog would be nice. Woody tells me how cute the puppies are and urges me to call the lady, he goes on and says we could get a female and name her Cuddles, wow, I think he really wants a small dog named Cuddles, he has always referred to small lap dogs as “pretend dogs or wannabe dogs”. I know Woody very well and I know if I want something, he will go out of his way to see that I can have it if at all possible but this really surprised me, he is so excited about these puppies. He has a couple of small tasks to take care of so off he goes. I sit there looking at the phone number, thinking about having a puppy to care and train once again and just go back to my work. Ever since I mentioned that I was thinking a small lap dog would be nice I know he has been checking out any bulletin board that he sees, well this ad was on the bulletin board in the grocery store. I have been checking out the SPCA site looking for a rescue dog, but have not been able to find a small dog, many big ones though and my heart goes out to them but another large dog would be a challenge living in our fifth wheel. Woody comes back in, and asks me if I called the lady, no I am thinking about it, I can see the disappointment in his face, he tells me again how cute they are, to call now and we can go look at them right away. Okay I call, talk to Julie, she directs me a website where I can see the puppies, oh yeah I make an appointment with Julie for 4:00 pm, Woody is right, the puppies are just what was I looking for, part Bichon, Shitzu and Lhasa Apso. We both are excited now! Andrew arrives so he and Woody head for the range. I start checking out websites to find out more about the puppies. Caitlin is visiting today and soon as she arrives I tell her the good new about the puppy, of course she wants to come with us to pick out a puppy. Woody goes about some campground business and Caitlin and I play cards, she usually beats me a cards, her friend from yesterday comes over and Caitlin invites her to play cards with us, she stays for awhile then rejoins her camping family, Caitlin and I play a game of Yum. Her friend returns and invites Caitlin to come and play with her at their campsite, okay that is fine with me and off she goes. Andrew and Woody return awhile later, we visit until it is time to leave for our date to pick out the puppy. I go to find Caitlin, she is walking on the trails with a group of girls, not a bad thing but she did not ask permission, and now we have to sit and wait for her. Long story short we end up calling saying we are going to be late and that is okay with Julie, we also had made arrangement to stop at a friends on the way home, so call him all is okay. After an hour we call Michelle, she and Christopher end up coming over and waiting for Caitlin to return. When we return home later Caitlin she is very upset that she has caused any problems and that she missed seeing the puppies. She is very responsible and normally would not go off walking without first letting us know, we give her a hug and assure her that all is okay, knowing she really is sorry and will take care to keep us in the know from this day forward. We did have a tough time picking out a puppy though they were all so cute, but we held each one (more than once) we chose this little girl.






She is just so cute, how could we resist.















Just a little handful! Now we are trying to find a name for her.

We did not expect to see Michelle, Caitlin and Christopher to wait until we returned but they decided to play cards and enjoy some time at the campground while here. Chris came over just after we returned and we totally enjoyed the visit.

No comments: