Sunday, August 3, 2008

Woody and Scott playing

Wow, I am actually up-to-date with the blog, yes, I am happy!
Woody, his friend Scott, Scott’s son and his Dad went to the gun range this morning and had a great time, Woody took his Tikka 308, Scott had many different guns and his son James used a 22 calibre rifle, .after a few shots all were making good shots right on target. We had a surprise visit from Grant and daughter just after Woody returned from the range what an awesome surprise, we enjoyed a short visit!
I spent my time completing the Africa DVD, I had to burn it a couple of times due some changes I decided to make after viewing the finished product. As the second copy was burning, I was listening to some of my favourite music while enjoying a message in our wonderful message chair we purchased from our chiropractor friend, Grant, thinking could heaven be better than this, I really do not think so, we are so totally at peace living here. Oreo and I walked on the trails a few times during the day and played fetch while walking, she is such fun to watch find her fetch toy when I toss it in the bush, the undergrowth is very thick, all I can see is her tail wagging, she never gives up until she locates her toy, typical Lab behaviour.

Around 3:00 pm, Scott and Woody went fishing at Salter’s Lake; they took our inflatable boat with electric motor and had a blast. I was online chatting when they finally returned about 9:00 pm with some real nice trout, good for the BBQ tomorrow when Michelle and family show up for a planned visit, we will provide dinner. A fellow that is camping here gave Woody and Scott permission to hunt on his farm so they gifted him two fish, word spread quickly and we had some visitors to check out the fish and inquire where they were catching such nice fish. We sat outside visiting with Scott until after dark, such a tough day eh!
The lake is small, aerated and stocked each year.

Fishing is such hard work eh, Scott!

A nice Rainbow trout!

Woody caught a couple of nice ones also.

No comments: