Tuesday, August 12, 2008

This and that

Woke up to rain this morning, not real nice but the rain is needed, checked the weather, supposed to rain most of the day, so change of plans, work inside not outside. Woody makes a few phone calls trying to track down the part for the pressure washer, takes the part off in hopes of finding a match, the pressure washer model has been discontinued hence the company that manufactured it does not carry parts any longer. He will pick up our mail while in Edmonton and run some other errands. I decide to continue my quest, finding a way to burn the music I ripped yesterday after completing the morning chores. Thinking about the challenge while doing mundane chores, I have one of those ah ha moments, I will use the DVD Architect studio and burn them all on a DVD, will hold more songs and I only want it to play when at home! I quickly abandon the chores and sit down at the computer, open the DVD Studio, open files, add the albums and set it up for burning, then back to finish the chores while the burn takes place. When the burn was completed, I tried to find a way to print a list of the names of the songs, no way can it be done on DVD Studio, so I make a hand written list of the album titles I compiled on the DVD, good enough for now. I now at least know what albums I have on DVD number one, 14 albums on one DVD and I still had room to add more but figured that would play long enough! I have many more to rip and burn, not today, I want to catch up the blog. Worked on the blog for awhile, grabbed a quick lunch, still not nice, took Oreo out for a short play, stood under the awning and threw her fetch toy for her, she doesn’t care if she gets her feet dirty or wet, when we came in I made her lay down till her feet dried, cleaned up her dirty foot prints, got to figure out a way to teach her to wipe her feet eh! LOL Woody arrived home later with the new part (generic) for the power washer the rain had stopped, was nice and warm, not to hot so out he went to catch up on some chores around the campground, I continued working on the blog happily listening to music! Woody returned a short time later wondering if I could find him a manual for the power washer online, he had not taken it apart and wanted to make sure he installed the new part correctly, no manual was to be found online. He called the parts department of the manufacturer (Princess Auto), had a chat with them, no manual available, but was transferred to the problem solving line, a few minutes of discussion and the problem was solved. He immediately went about installing the new part, came back a short time later, happy he had the power washer back together, now he needs a garden hose to fill the water tank, so he will pick that up when in town another day couldn’t find one here. I am thinking so why didn’t you think about that earlier and check if there was a hose around! Ah well, guess he cannot think of everything, not a big deal eh!

Before dinner we decided to put the decals on the truck, it was not to hot, I washed the windows and Woody applied the decals. We think they look good, giving the truck a nice personalized touch, not that is didn’t already have a personalized look with the air deflector and a couple of bow hunter decals.


We just added the four white decals!






Woody then started our little barbeque; we enjoyed grilled potatoes and very tasty Rainbow Trout, yummy!















Caught me with my mouth full!





We sat out for awhile, then headed in, chatted online with friends, listening to music. I found out the 14 albums I burned plays for 9+ hours, cool, I love it, just plug it in and let it play. Will create more one rainy day!

No comments: