Monday, August 11, 2008

Music, shopping, wild flowers


A few more pictures of wild flowers at Imrie Park.

Bunchberries, they have a white flower in spring, then produce these little berries, in parts of the bush they cover the forest floor. Click on the picture to enlarge, shows the berries a little better.










Woody went to Edmonton this morning in hopes of finding valves for the inflatable and parts for the O F & G pressure washer. The pressure washer has its own water tank he would load the washer into the bucket on the tractor, fill the tank, making it portable and very useful for many jobs at the campground and needed for keeping the tractors clean. After cleaning up our home, I spent my time ripping music, so I can burn hours of music on one CD, picking out my favourite tunes, there are usually a couple of songs or more that I am not fond of on every CD that I buy. That is one thing I miss is the CD changer, use the DVD player and of course only one CD at a time and I find it a pain to keep changing yeah I know I am lazy, I like to have music playing when I am doing whatever in the fifth. I could play tunes from the computer but I much prefer to use our home theatre with sound surround! I also thought once I ripped all the tunes it would be easier to use them for the DVD slideshows I create, I will move them to the external drive to keep my laptop hard drive from becoming overloaded.
Wild Saskatoon bush struggling to survive in the dense growth. There are actually quite of number of bushes, I will them for the birds.
Woody arrived home late in the afternoon a little disappointed; he did not have much luck with parts for the pressure washer he did find valves for the boat, although he had to settle for a generic kit, which requires adaptors to fit. Guess we will find out tomorrow if they will do the job, it started raining shortly after he returned home. Woody and Scott had planned to go out this evening to set up their tree stands and luckily, the rain let up by the time they had planned to meet. While waiting to meet Scott, Woody told me he had a chat today with a friend who has a dealership and can get the club a real deal on a new garden tractor that will last them for years, do a better job, it would replace the small tractor which is used for cutting around the buildings and campsites is not big enough and scalps. Great news, now the members will have to raise the money for the new tractor. After Woody left I continued with my project anxious to have the music ready for playing later in the evening when Woody returned. Well I messed up, I ripped it in wav format did not think to check before I started ripping the music. I realized it when I went to burn the new CD and was only able to add a few more tunes on the new CD than I had on the originals! ARRRGGHH, I knew they needed to be ripped to the MP3 format, okay there must be a way to change the format, start reading the help menus, nope cannot change the format once ripped, bummer, now what, I sure do not want to delete the tunes and start all over, especially since I had spent so much time deciding which tunes I really wanted on my new CD’s. Woody arrived home and I explained my frustration with myself, he looked at me with sympathy in his eyes, and said “Sorry babe I cannot help you with that challenge, you know how much knowledge I have when it comes to computers”, came over and gave me a kiss “Yeah, I know, I didn’t expect any help, thanks for listening” I say. I was glad he was home, I needed to vent and he was all excited about all the does and big bucks he and Scott had seen, I shut down the Media Player and put the CD’s away, I will think about a solution tomorrow. I settled down to hear all about their trip to the new hunting area, now the trick will be to find the bucks come hunting season.
Fireweed is spread throughout the bush, very pretty when in full bloom, they are now at the end of their blooming season, not quite as showy.
We spent some time checking out our favourite forums took Oreo out for one last playtime and headed to bed.

No comments: