Wednesday, July 9, 2008

More rain and severe storm warnings

Today Woody and Chris had planned to install the finishing inside and out around the new patio door but the weather did not cooperate and Chris did not have his circular saw, he had loaned it to Keith and they are away on vacation. We spent the day checking for a winter home that is when the dish was working in between we read and played with Oreo. We had warnings of severe thundershowers with possible tornado, which thankfully did not happen, we had some good thunderstorms but nothing serious. When the sun came out later I sat and watched the insects (bees and flies mostly) drinking the water off the leaves just outside the window in front of my desk, I so enjoy having the time to watch God Creature’s doing what comes natural to them. After the rain, the leaves glisten in the sun, tiny droplets of water dripping off the tips. Watching the droplets reminded me of a storybook that was one of our daughter Michelle’s favourites. I cannot remember the name of the story but the gist of the story was how unhappy the small animals were due to the rain and cold. A squirrel started counting the drops that were falling off the leaves, other animals joined in, they made a game of it, forgot how miserable they felt and then they realized they were having fun. I know if I asked Michelle she would remember the story, I ended up hiding the book I got so tired of reading it to her! Michelle was about 3 years old, I think. Interesting how certain memories pop back into your mind when certain circumstances present themselves or particular aromas, or at least I think so.
No major storms occurred, later turned quit nice, we walked Oreo, Woody read, and I worked on the blog and chatted with friends.

No comments:

Blog Archive