Thursday, July 31, 2008

An important day

Today is a very important day for two reasons, first and most important it is our daughter Tracy’s birthday, Happy Birthday Tracy, love ya lots from Mom and Dad, hope you are having a great time camping this weekend! Second it is Oreo’s second birthday, but no cake for her, just some extra loving and maybe an extra doggie treat eh!
Woody got up early today, he is meeting with some members of the Onoway Fish and Game Association to help them install a new dock at Salter’s Lake, since our visit a few weeks ago, some vandals burned the dock and the toilet there, what a terrible thing it is such a nice little lake. We did not realize that the Association managed the lake when we first visited the lake. It is a real crime that the vandals will probably never be caught. The hours of volunteer time, the donated services, (a track hoe to lift the dock in place), the cost of buying the drums and having them filled with foam, plus the other materials, these rotten brats just have no idea what is involved to build and then re-build, nor do they care. They also burned some items at other parks in the Onoway vicinity.
Note: I hope to add some pictures of this task as one of the members said they would send some of the pictures they took, I will note the update when completed. Woody returned around noon as he had an appointment in the city at 2:30 pm with the clinic where he received his bone-anchored hearing aids. They asked him a while ago if he would volunteer some time as they are doing more research to improve the hearing aids. He has been their guinea pig many times before and is very happy to accommodate them. He completed other errands after his appointment and returned home round 6:00 pm. I spent most of the day working on the blog, cleaning up the hard drive on Woody’s computer, walking/playing with Oreo and getting very frustrated with a computer program I purchased a year ago. I re-installed it on my computer and when I attempted to activate the program, I got a message that informed me I had to buy a new license as I had exceeded the allowed activations, which is ONE! I thought okay I have the whole folder on my external drive so I will copy to my computer and then I should be good to go. No, that will not work either! So the flipping program crashes and I need to re-install, I immediately sent an email to their customer service department, I had re-registered online with no problem as I have the serial number and the key number you get when you first register the program. I receive an answer later informing me that I need to send them a copy of the original purchase receipt, the serial number, and my full name, what store I purchased the program, how I had paid for the item, cash, cheque, credit card, blah, and blah, blah. Well I do not have the receipt, when we moved I got rid of all the records that were not necessary, I only kept information for tax and warranty purposes. Who would have thought I would need that receipt to re-install a program. Well we will see what happens, I sent them all the information they requested except for the exact purchase date and a copy of the actual receipt. I am waiting for a second response. If they do not allow me to activate this program, I will spread the word around, and no, it is not a Microsoft program. I have never had a problem re-installing a program before this. Good thing Sony Vegas Movie Maker is not like that, as I have had to re-install it many times. The other thing that really bugs me is I registered the program online when I bought it, so why can’t they look up the information! Okay enough of that.

We had a nice dinner, then took Oreo for a walk, it is actually nice this evening after being blustery all day. There are a few campers pulling in tonight, we only have three open spots left for this weekend, and it is a long weekend in Alberta. I continued working on the blog until after 9:00 pm Woody is reading. After taking Oreo for her last play/walk we closed the gate and called it a night.

No comments:

Blog Archive