Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A rather frustrating day

I spent time uploading videos to Photobucket for my website. The host I was using for the video clips is closing, a real bummer as I had paid for the year on May 8th. I sent the company an email requesting a prorated refund, received a reply, not happening. After uploading the first clip to Photobucket, I proceed to try and view it, message received that I need Flash player, I have the latest version of Flash player, check help, spend mega time following all the steps, no change, now I am frustrated, shut down Photobucket. Go to Woody’s computer to view (he is out running errands), no problem but I am not impressed, and the quality suffers greatly from compression after upload. I had forgotten that was one of the reasons I did not use them in the first place, plus the not so nice page for viewing clips. I spent more time trying to find a fix, no luck and I am thinking no way I can use this site for video clips so spend time searching for a new host, what an aggravating experience that turned out to be, most sites have to much material that I find disgusting and do not want to be associated with those sites in any way. Guess I will use Photobucket until I can find another good host. I close everything and take Oreo for a play; she is such fun to play with or just fun to watch play with her toys by herself. After a play and walk with Oreo I decide to leave the whole situation ride until another day, maybe I will be able to come with a solution. We spent a quiet evening chatting online with friends and reading. Yeah we both enjoy reading books!

No comments:

Blog Archive