Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A good day, planning for Woody's return

As I write this post, I cannot help thinking of Woody and the rest of the gang. At this time they are in flight from Johannesburg to Dulles, I have been saying short prayers for their safe return whenever I thought about them, checking time of flights, figuring out where they are in relation to MDT (our time) and just plain thinking about them.
I took Oreo for an appointment with the vet, this morning, nothing serious thankfully, after which I made a stop to order a “Welcome Home” cake for our gathering on Sunday. On the way home I stopped at daughter’s Tracy to drop off some movies, she was not home but we had prearranged a drop off spot. After returning home, taking Oreo for her playtime, I loaded up the laundry and drove to the Laundromat in Onoway (small town near the campground). I got the laundry going, then decided I needed a snack so off to the grocery store where I was lucky enough to manage a short visit with our grandson Christopher who works part-time there, he was working at the check out counter, there was not a line up. I must say he is an awesome young man and not just because his is our grandson am I saying that, he is a very caring, responsible young man and of course, we love him to death! That was a nice surprise; it sure brightened my afternoon. Well back to the Laundromat, I was sitting reading a book waiting for the washer when I suddenly thought, hey, there is a car wash in this town, I could actually wash the truck while the dryer is running, which I did, returning 3 minutes before the dryer had quit, wow good timing I thought and it sure beat sitting at the Laundromat. Arriving home, I received a very big homecoming welcome from Oreo after I dragged the laundry into the fifth wheel, poor puppy I had to leave her at home. I checked email and the message boards quickly, then got busy doing the pre prep cooking for our Welcome Home gathering. Upon completion of those tasks, Oreo and I went for playtime then a walk onto the bridge to view the sunset over the lake, I so love the sunsets over the lake, tonight the colours were orange and pink with very few wispy clouds just showing a hint of pink and blue, not a breath of wind, I just stood on the bridge listening to ducks and geese call and splash about in the water. It is so peaceful and soul renewing to watch wildlife in their natural habitat. I am so enjoying this laid back, relaxing lifestyle, do whatever moves you at the time, life just does not get better eh!

No comments:

Blog Archive