Monday, June 9, 2008

Visiting Tracy a & family, email from Woody

Worked on my blog in the am, downloading email during the course of the morning, I noticed an address I did not recognize right away, I clicked on it and was going to add the address to my blocked sender list, then recognized the name “Hunter Hills”, wow an email from Woody, my heart jumped as I clicked to open it. I cannot describe the feelings I experienced while reading the short note informing me that all had arrived safely, saying it was a fantastic place and he had hunted there for the first time as well as some personal greetings of course. I read it over again, really wanting more information but happy to have heard from him at all. Woody also said the email is slow and not always working, sure hope I hear from him again, I will wait and hope. Spent a very relaxing pleasurable afternoon/evening at our daughter Tracy’s today. I took Oreo with me at Tracy’s invitation; they have a fenced area she could stay in while we visited. Well Oreo was not happy, whined, cried, etc., she was not happy at all to be fenced and away from us, I went out and commanded her to stop! I wanted her to stop her bad behaviour before I let her out of the kennel and allow her to be with us. While Tracy and I were outside waiting for Oreo to calm down, Brooklyn arrived home on the bus, soon as she saw me (Tracy had not told the kids I was coming over, she wanted to surprise them) Brooklyn came running as fast as she could yelling “Grammy, Grammy”, she ran up and threw her arms around me, saying “I am so happy to see you, glad you are back” what a great feeling. A few minutes later she asked where Grandpa was, Tracy told her, Grandpa is in Africa, she looked at us and said”, that is a long ways away”. I thought wow she is only seven and knows that, I do not think I would have known that at her age. After Brooklyn had taken her backpack in the house and emptied the contents putting away the required items we headed to the kennel to rescue Oreo, she did not behave very well at all, I had her leashed and had to grab her ear to force her to settle down and not jump all over Brooklyn, I was thinking oh man, bad plan bringing Oreo with me. Tracy suggested we take a walk around the acreage in hopes of calming her down. Keith has done an awesome job of landscaping their acreage, planted many trees, created walking paths, an archery range, and playground equipment for the girls, a nice fire pit, surrounded with paving stone and they have privacy now that the trees have grown, it really is a beautiful place. Tracy’s idea helped by the time we completed our walk Oreo was much calmer, we settled on the deck to visit, I kept Oreo leashed; she still was not calm enough to settle down completely. Lindsay arrived home from school and of course, Oreo went nuts again, I leashed her to my chair and commanded her to lie down, well she complied at the moment but I had to keep reminding her. Eventually Oreo calmed down, Tracy, Lindsay and Brooklyn visited until it was time for the girls to complete their chores and set the table for dinner, Keith arrived home from work shortly so we retired to the kitchen and enjoyed homemade lasagne with side of veggies. Oreo was content to stay on the deck while we enjoyed our dinner. After dinner Brooklyn played with Oreo on the deck, although I did keep her leashed, Oreo enjoyed the attention and it was fun to watch Brooklyn hugging Oreo and playing with her. Lindsay being a pre teen disappeared to her room after dinner, until it was time to get ready for Kung Fu class; both girls are enrolled in Kung Fu and totally love it. Keith and I wandered out in the yard with Oreo while Tracy chauffeured the girls to Kung Fu. Keith was waiting for a couple to arrive that had called regarding the trailer they were selling, they have purchased a larger, newer one this spring, and while he was waiting, Keith played fetch with Oreo, Tracy returned and then the buyers showed up a short time later. Tracy and I returned to the deck while Keith showed the trailer. Yes, it was sold much to Tracy and Keith’s delight. I left for home as Tracy left to pick up the girls from Kung Fu, it was an awesome afternoon spent with much loved family. I do feel blessed.

No comments:

Blog Archive