Saturday, June 14, 2008

Father's Day gathering

After doing some chores, Oreo and I travelled to Tracy and Keith’s for a Father’s Day get together, Michelle and family also in attendance. I took Oreo for a walk on the trails at Keith and Tracy’s upon arrival knowing that would help her settle down and greet everyone with a little less exuberance. Oreo still gets so excited when she meets people (especially her favourite people) and wants to jump all over them sure hope one day she will outgrow that habit of wanting to jump on people. She behaves very well after her initial outburst of joy and happiness; she sits just vibrating all over waiting to be hugged and petted while being controlled on a leash. While walking we met up with Caitlin, Brooklyn and Lindsey (granddaughter’s), the girls know not to run right up to Oreo so stood back waiting a bit before approaching to greet Oreo, I asked them to come over one at a time, and of course they did. After short greetings, Lindsey and Brooklyn headed back to the yard, Caitlin, Oreo and I proceeded along the path. I released Oreo, we played fetch for bit, then Caitlin and I chatted as Oreo played in the field along the path. As we approached the yard, I leashed Oreo as I could see Chris (son-in-law) one of Oreo’s favourite people and I knew she would go nuts, Chris greeted Oreo with lots of cuddling and petting. After the greetings between dog and family, I was able to collect my hugs, I then tied Oreo close by to give her a chance to calm down while we all feasted on roasted wieners, hamburgers, salad, baked potatoes, veggies, watermelon and pineapple. When we finished feasting, I let Oreo off her leash, for the remainder of the afternoon and evening she was fine, of course, the fact that Chris, Keith and the girls spent time playing fetch with her so she was ready to rest in between games. I must mention that while sitting around the campfire Keith pointed out a Red Tail hawk hovering and gliding high in sky, calling, three pelicans flew by and a Blue Heron. They live just west of a lake and one day Keith spotted an Osprey carrying a fish in it’s talons fly by their living room window, now that would be so cool! Chris and Keith spent time shooting targets with pellet rifles while the girls and I visited, Oreo resting and the little girls played. Christopher (grandson) arrived just in time for dinner (he has a part-time job), we grabbed some leftovers, then Christopher and Chris left to see a movie (Christopher’s Father’s Day gift). I left later loaded down with movies loaned to me by the kids, thank you so much girls. Oreo and I enjoyed an awesome day, we arrived home around 8:30 pm, she slept the whole way home. After arriving home, I emptied the tanks in the fifth wheel, checked email, our favourite message forums and settled down to watch a movie. Oreo curled up beside my chair and did not even ask to go outside for the remainder of the evening. We are so blessed!

No comments:

Blog Archive