Monday, June 30, 2008

Making plans for our winter home

Another hot day today with no rain, just love these lazy summer days when it gets too warm for our comfort we turn on AC, sure is not very often we need to use it here though.
I did some work toward our decision as to where to go for the winter months, set up a chart with average temperatures and distance to travel. I use Microsoft Streets and Tips to figure out different routes, mileage, fuel costs, and time factor. I find it is quite accurate if I input all the correct parameters. Right now I am working with what if’s, then when I find a place that fits our temperature range I start checking for campgrounds in the area using the internet, very time consuming but this will be our first trip south for the winter so I need to do some investigating before we book any space for the winter. We are checking out Texas, New Mexico and Arizona and plan to spend time visiting friends along the way. We have made long trips previously, but this will be our first experience spending the winter south of the border. I always do this pre work before a long trip knowing that along the road we will have to make changes due to weather issues or deciding to stay longer at any point we may want to visit longer. I do love our portable internet dish for this purpose.

No comments:

Blog Archive