Friday, June 20, 2008

Woody arrives home today

Big day today, well at least in my eyes, Woody arrives home this evening and I can hardly wait to see his face, give and receive hugs and kisses, I am still praying that all the gang arrive home safely.

Well got a call, the plane was three hours late arriving in Dulles Woody and friends missed their connecting flights, so are on standby waiting for a flight. He is hopeful that he will be able to catch the 1:00 pm flight, if not then he misses his connection to Edmonton, told me he will call again when he has landed in Denver. I am very happy that he and the gang are safely in Dulles.
I completed a few tasks, took Oreo for a walk, and then off to town to purchase goodies for our Sunday gathering and fill up the truck so I will be all set to make the run to the Airport. Too hot today to take Oreo and leave her in the truck so I had to leave her at home, poor puppy I hate leaving her alone. On the way to town I hear this very loud whistling noise, thinking it was something on the radio maybe I shut off the radio, oh no it is not the radio, nowhere to pull over safely (narrow 2 lane highway). I am looking for a place to pull off, just as I spot a place and start to slow down, the noise stops along with the air system, okay I think, I can live with this, and open the windows continue to town. Woody may be able to figure out what is going on and if not will take the truck for the needed repair, no problem. When I had completed the needed shopping the truck was a boiler factory, so I opened all the windows, not much help when driving in town, so while sitting melting in the heat, at a red light, I try it again, on it comes blowing nothing but warm air of course, so I pushed the ac button, cool that works, the truck cab cooled down nicely but the fan runs fast then slow for no apparent reason but at least it worked the rest of the way home. Come home unload groceries take Oreo out for a play, check our favourite message boards, post an update message on the board, work on the blog, I am feeling antsy waiting for a call from Woody, obviously he did not make the 1:00 pm flight. I had dinner, sat outside and read for a while sitting in the shade while Oreo snooped around in the yard. About 8:00 pm I decide to take Oreo for another walk, the campground is full of course being Friday evening, well she sees some dogs and actually barks at them, she has never done that before, not good, I take her home. Now what I think, decided that I would probably be making a night drive to pick up Woody so decide to grab a snooze. I had just fallen asleep when the phone rings, they have finally landed in Denver, 9:00 pm and he will call back when he has arranged a flight from Denver. I had been emailing our daughters and friends apprising them of the developments through the day so I sent another email. Decided I would try the walk thing again, so off to the park, played fetch with Oreo for a bit, check my watch, time is dragging. I spot a couple with two dogs coming toward the area we are playing in, so I leashed Oreo and started walking home, phone rings, Woody has a flight at 8:30 am and will overnight with a fellow hunter, okay that is great, he is totally exhausted and I can settle down now knowing what is happening and all is taken care of in Denver. Tomorrow is now the big day!

No comments:

Blog Archive