Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Phone calls and daily journal

Michelle called this morning to inquire how I am doing, I so appreciate the girls taking time from their busy schedules to call. In fact I am doing very well as is Oreo. We have settled into our own life here, working, playing walking, reading and really doing very little else, enjoying the slow pace of life. I spent some time searching the internet for African music, as I will make a DVD of the pictures Woody has taken and would like the background music to fit. I have an idea of what I want but not sure I can purchase in locally located stores. The website I found was great, could listen to clips of all the songs on every album they displayed.
Woody shot his Gemsbok with a rifle, had no choice, the string snapped on the BowTech, not while he was using it but while riding in the truck, he heard a twang, looked over and sure enough the string had snapped. The positives are it happened at the end of the Safari and no one was hurt. No one will hunt tomorrow; they are going to hang out, relax and reflect, then Thursday head for home, departing from Port Elizabeth at 12:20 pm arriving in Edmonton on Friday at 8:38 pm. They are in the Wildschutsberg Game Reserve in the Eastern Cape of South Africa, Woody said it is raining buckets and cool, June and July being the coldest months there and staff remarked it is not unusual to see snow on the mountaintops, some of which are 7000 feet in elevation. If you’re interested in taking a look at the area click the link, http://www.wildschutsberg.co.za/index.htm, there is a link (near the bottom) to Hunter Hills Safari. Actually when I checked both websites, many pictures are exactly the same, owned by the same company maybe. Tonight they are going to view white lions being fed in a neighbouring area; the lions are confined so safe enough.
After a late lunch, I took Oreo for playtime to the park, upon returning home I decided I would clean the cab of the truck, wash all the doggie nose prints off the back, and side windows, wipe all the dust from the dash, etc. I had just about completed the job when the rain came, oh well I will finish later or another day. The rain ceased, wind calmed down so around 7:30 pm played with Oreo in our little yard for awhile then decided to finish cleaning the truck. Oreo sat in the truck happily while I washed the windows and finished the cleaning. Spent some time checking out our favourite message boards, chatting with friends online, took Oreo out for a late night play, and then headed to bed with my book

1 comment:

MyPE said...

Departing from Port Elizabeth?

Could I entice you to peruse a Reason a Day to Visit Port Elizabeth?

If not, come back soon to Port Elizabeth and South Africa.

Blog Archive