Sunday, June 8, 2008

A quiet day

Went for a short drive into Onoway today to fuel up the truck and do a little shopping taking Oreo with me, it was cool, no problem leaving her in the truck while I shopped for a few items. She loves riding in the truck and waited patiently while I completed my errands. Returning home grabbed a bit to eat and proceeded to the field for playtime. On our walk through the picnic area three dogs came running toward us, accompanied by children who could not control the dogs, one was a huge dog, I pulled Oreo close to me with her leash and commanded her to sit as the dogs were all around us and sniffing at Oreo, the kids came running over calling their dogs and apologizing regarding their dogs behaviour. I was worried when I saw them coming, just never know what will happen in a situation like that. Thankfully, Oreo remained sitting and took all the unwanted attention in her stride, no growling, or any show of hostility from any of the dogs. The kids finally convinced their dogs to follow them back to the playground. We continued to the field had a short fetch play, then I walked home via the road, did not want to encounter the dogs again. Upon returning home I played some more with her in our little yard, then she proceeded to play on her own. I love to watch Oreo play with her favourite toy, a rubber bone on a rope, she tosses it, swings it, runs around the yard sideways, tossing and flinging the toy, she hits herself with the toy but does not stop, when she gets tired of playing with it herself, she drops it in front of me to toss for her and when she is totally tired she lays down, rolls on her back and then proceeds to play it with her paws. What a hoot to watch! When Woody gets back with the video cam, we have to get a clip of her to enjoy. One day she will not play like this and it is very precious. During the evening, I watched a movie then curled up with a good book.

No comments:

Blog Archive