Saturday, June 7, 2008

June 5th to 7th

June 5th and 6th
I spent two very lazy days, reading books, working on the blog, walking and playing with Oreo.

Stories of Woody’s stop over in Colorado from a couple of friends at the links below, our favourite forum. I do believe fun was had by all! You will not be able to view the photos posted unless you click on the link within the post but you can read the posts. The stories are a fun read though.

http://forums.huntingresource.com/index.php?showtopic=4901

http://forums.huntingresource.com/index.php?showtopic=4902

June 7th
Went to a charity auction with Michelle and Chris today, the auction was to raise funds for helper dogs for autistic children in the area. This auction was for a specific child as well as to raise awareness of the foundation (Dogs with Wings), educate people on how helper dogs can assist families with an autistic child, and some of the challenges living with an autistic child. The event was well attended with excellent support from the community businesses and private persons. There were trained dogs in attendance as well as dogs in training, information of becoming a foster home for the dogs, entertainment provided, demonstrations of trained dogs, and dinner was provided (included in the ticket cost); over all an excellent event. I did not need anything but bid on some consumable items, for example homemade pies! I will make a donation online, as this is an excellent cause in my estimation. I did not win the pies, guess I will have to purchase or bake some pies myself eh. I returned home around 8:00 pm, greeted by Oreo who was very excited and happy to see me back. Gave her dinner then took her for a long walk and a play in the open field, upon returning home she settled down and slept while I watched a movie. Ah, life is tough eh! LOL Very quiet without Woody around.

No comments:

Blog Archive