Monday, June 16, 2008

Not much to report today, spent the whole day cleaning up my computer, moving items to the external drive and deleting many files that I no longer require, man that uses bunches of time but it is one of those jobs that I have been putting off and thought I had better do it while Woody is away. I now have just over half of the hard drive free and that is where I like it to be, runs much better when not overloaded with files. I regularly scan for spyware, etc, and defrag once a week which helps keep the computer in good operating order.
The weather is gorgeous today, sunny, a few clouds floating around with a lovely breeze, around 72F and it is 6:56 pm, I have the doors and windows open, almost as good as being outside. Oreo is lethargic today, I was worried that she may be sick, she does not have a fever but I had to ask her if she wanted to go outside and that is not like her at all, she is usually begging me to go outside and play with her. Once outside she seemed fine, so guess she is just a tired puppy dog today!
Early evening Oreo and I went for a walk to the park and played fetch for a short time, upon returning I watched a movie, while she slept at my feet. She is so cute, on the way to the park she carries her fetch ball (in her mouth), and drops it when a scent grabs her attention, after a good play she carries the ball, not paying attention to scents around her. Walked over the bridge just after 10:00 pm, spotted a skunk snooping around the shoreline in the long grass, obviously he is hunting for eggs, also watched some muskrats swimming about, I was kind of surprised to see muskrat but the lakeshore is swampy since the level has dropped over several years of drought in this area. There were a couple of rowboats out enjoying the calm lake. The lake is perfect for just puttering around watching wildlife. On the way back I kept an eye out for Mr. Skunk sure did not want to be anywhere close to him. Oreo had spotted him from the bridge, was very interested, she has no idea what a disaster an unexpected encounter with a skunk could be. The sunset was not as spectacular as last night but the lake was like glass and still beautiful to watch the wildlife, could hear thunder in the distance, dark clouds in the SW so will probably experience a thundershower or two tonight.
I am feeling very content, safe and happy, this is a great place to be!

No comments:

Blog Archive