Thursday, June 12, 2008

Creating DVD's and meeting with old friends

Decided today I would get a start on creating DVD’s of our family memories captured on VHS tapes. Picked out a couple of VHS tapes, plugged one into our equipment purchased to record VHS to DVD, well I have sound but no picture, hmmm I thought maybe this tape is not good, so I tried a tape that I knew was good, still no picture, I tried all combinations of settings, no picture. We purchased all our home theatre entertainment equipment for our RV new and had it professional set up before we left on our trip east. Now I am thinking I have not used this equipment since it was installed, I must have forgotten some of the instructions, I will stop by Stony Audio and Visual Appliances we purchased the equipment from there and have a chat with Dean, who hooked up the equipment, he, his Dad and Mom own and operate the business. I am meeting a couple of friends today for lunch in Stony Plain so that works out perfectly. I made drawings of the connections I could see, tucked the note in my purse, readied myself to leave making sure Oreo had water and a good play before departing.
I met with Carolyn and Judy at a new restaurant in Stony Plain at noon; we had a splendid visit, catching up on family, travels, and life in general, spent two hours chatting away over lunch and it was not long enough. Judy had another appointment and Carolyn had to run home to finish packing their trailer for an extended weekend trip. The food was tasty, well-prepared, service okay but the place was noisy, decided we would choose a different restaurant for our next meeting. I completed a couple of errands then stopped to pick Dean’s brain, hopeful he could solve the issues I was experiencing with the DVD/VHS transfer equipment. Alas, Dean was not available but his Dad (Ken) discussed some pointers with me and I returned home with hope that I would be able to begin the job of transferring the tapes to DVD’s. Not to be so, I tried all different combinations of settings, still no picture, bummer, guess I will have to wait until Dean can pay us a visit and walk me through the process or correct whatever the issue is. It could be something as simple as a wire shaking loose during our travels but I am not going to untie the machines, (the equipment is secured for travel) I will wait until Woody returns, all the other equipment works perfectly and I would hate to mess that up! Hmm now what to do to occupy my time until Woody returns, besides reading, relaxing, visiting with friends, ,family, walking playing with Oreo, and working on this blog, oh I do have such a tough life eh LOL

No comments:

Blog Archive